Exam Centre London offers the opportunity for candidates to sit GCSE practical exams for biology, chemistry and physics. We will be holding these sessions in nearby secondary schools, all within the borough of Newham. To ensure that you receive the best experience, Exam Centre London will provide highly qualified and competent science tutors to carry out these practical lessons. There will be practice lessons where candidates will be taught how to accurately and confidently manage equipment and tutors will also provide clear and concise instructions on how to conduct experiments
Sessions will be held in local state schools during the spring half term to ensure that candidates can maximise the use of the labs and equipment. This will also ensure there are no disturbances and candidates are able to participate during sessions in a comfortable manner.
Practice practical sessions will be led by one member of staff and five candidates with the opportunity for candidates to familiarise themselves with the lab and equipment and present any queries. During practice sessions, tutors will also allow candidates the opportunity to conduct these experiments individually and provide feedback on improvements. Tutors will also provide tips and tricks on how to conduct these practical assessments and how to efficiently manage time.
- Exam Centre London offers private GCSE candidates with a two day course per subject at the cost of £250.
- These sessions will be detailed and provide a clear and thorough understanding of practical assessments with the opportunity for candidates to individually conduct practice assessments.
- Prior to the sessions, the centre will conduct risk assessments to ensure that the labs and equipment are safe to use.
- During the practical sessions, tutors will make candidates aware of health and safety hazards and ensure that candidates are made aware of how to correctly handle lab equipment. Tutors will then provide clear demonstrations of the experiments required to understand for practical assessments. Then, tutors will give candidates the opportunity to ask questions regarding the assessment to ensure that they are aware of the various steps required to safely and carefully conduct experiments.
- This will follow with the opportunity for candidates to conduct both simple and complex experiments with the supervision of the tutors and also provide the opportunity to practice experiments for the practical assessments. Throughout the sessions, tutors will be conversing with students and ensure that there are no errors in the process of conducting experiments.
- The final session will allow candidates to demonstrate their learning and give tutors an opportunity to observe candidates and provide feedback on how well they have conducted the practical.